Beginning next week, Santa Claus comes to Marlboro County as parades roll through Bennettsville and McColl.
The city of Bennettsville Christmas parade will kick off the holiday season with “A Musical Christmas” at 4:30 p.m. December 4.
The grand marshals will be Rebecca McArthur of McArthur Farms and Beth Chavis of Healing Hands Massage Therapy. Both were local winners in the WMBF “The Pee Dee’s Best” contest.
Line up will start on Broad Street near the Marlboro County Adult Education building.
The parade route starts on Broad Street, then turns left on Main Street, turns right on North Liberty Street, right on Market Street, right on North Marlboro Street and then left on Main Street. The parade will wrap-up on John Corry Road.
Brittany Jones, facilities, events and projects manager for the city of Bennettsville Department of Tourism, Parks & Recreation, said 11 participants have rented floats.
“We encourage everyone to come out and be a part of the Christmas parade and help to usher in the holiday season with the community,” she said.
Jones said a cash prize of $250 and a trophy will be awarded for Best of Show and Best Adaptation of Theme.
Trophies will be awarded in each of the following categories. The categories are commercial businesses, non-profit/religious/government, education/schools, performing groups (dance groups, cheerleaders, etc.) and marching bands. There will be one winner per category.
For more information, call 843-454-2142 or visit www.VisitBennettsville.com
Parade lineup is:
1. Grand Marshals - Rebecca McArthur and Beth Chavis
2. MCHS JROTC Army Cadets - Color Guard
3. MCHS JROTC Army Cadets - Bulldog Battalion
4. City of Bennettsville Mayor & Council
5. School of Discovery Dancers
6. School of Discovery Chorus
7. School of Discovery Band
8. Marlboro County Council
9-10. Bread of Life Food Pantry
11. First United Methodist Church Children’s Ministry
12. First United Methodist Church
13. MCHS Mighty Bulldog Marching Band
14. Community of Grace Church
15. MC Parks & Rec Soccer Team - Chad’s Lawn Care
16. Anti-Bullying Queen
17-18. Pilot Club of Bennettsville
19. Tourism, Parks & Recreation Department
20. Upsilon Sigma Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
21. Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Cheraw Alumnae Chapter
22. Bennettsville-Cheraw Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority - Miss Delta Doll
23. Bennettsville-Cheraw Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority - Miss Jabberwock
24. Herbert Ash Scholarship - Little Miss Cinderella
25. Billy Moore Agency
26. Northeastern Technical College
27. Tourism, Parks & Recreation Department
28. Omar Provost Guard
29. Omar Clown Unit
30. Omar Jazzy Jeepsters
31-32.Greater St. James Baptist Church
33-36. House of Deliverance
37. Mohawk Industries Oak River
38. Marlboro County School District - 21st Century Learning Center - After School Program
39. WEMS Lil Miss Bearcat & Lil Mister Bearcat
40. Sword of Truth Outreach Ministries
41. Tourism, Parks & Recreation Department
42. Wallace Recreation Cheerleaders
43. Steppin Out Dance Company
44. Cedar Falls Baptist Church
45-64. Fitness World Gym
65. McArthur Farms
66. Solid Rock Holiness Church
67. Mt. Tabor Baptist Church
68. Mt. Tabor Baptist Church
69. Marlboro County Veterans Affairs
70. Girl Scout Troop 905
71-72. Scott Vision Properties
73. Pepsi of Bennettsville
74. Kona Ice of Marlboro County
75. Bennettsville Fire Department
76. Blenheim Fire Department
77. McColl Fire Department
78. Clio Fire Department
79. Brightsville Fire Department
80. Wallace Fire Department
81. Tourism, Parks & Recreation Department
The town of McColl Christmas Parade will start at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5.
The lineup will start at 3:15 p.m. at the Family Dollar store on Main Street, proceed downtown and end at town hall.
In the event of rain, the makeup date will be 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12.
For more information or to participate in the parade, call town hall at 843-523-5341.
The Town of Clio will be having a Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony on Sunday, December 2 at 4:30. Musicians from the Marlboro County School of Discovery will perform.