Tuesday's runoff election for Marlboro County School District 4 seat resulted in political newcomer Reginald Gaymon being the winner of the seat.
Gaymon won after defeating newcomer Wendell Crowley with 233 votes (79.25 percent) to 61 (20.75 percent).
Longtime Board of Education member Nan Fleming did not run for reelection in District 4.
Other statistics for the election included:
– Only 294 voters in District 4 voted in the runoff.
– Red Hill precinct: Gaymon, 6, and Crowley, 12;
– East Bennettsville precinct: Gaymon, 15, and Crowley, 2;
– West Bennettsville precinct: Gaymon, 158, and Crowley, 40;
– South Bennettsville precinct: Gaymon, 54, and Crowley, 7;
– Absentee: Gaymon, 186, and Crowley, 23.
Votes will be certified on Friday.